Bewellbook – As we know that most Indonesians are farmers, see also How to Grow Jajar Legowo Rice, and this is also a setting where soil in Indonesia is a fertile soil type and very easy to cultivate. This seems to be one of the factors that makes cultivation easier for Indonesians.
One of the most common types of plants in Indonesia in large quantities is rice, besides being the staple food of Indonesians, it is also an export crop.
And as we all know, Indonesia is not alone in producing rice as a staple food. Several countries in Asia, such as China, Malaysia, Japan, and many others, also grow rice to meet basic food needs.
How to grow rice in Indonesia
Due to the type of soil and climate in Indonesia, of course, the way of cultivating in Indonesia is very different from other countries, especially if you look at How to Choose Cocoa Beans, of course, Agriculture in Indonesia is more practical with more quality returns. And here are the steps for growing rice in Indonesia.
The first step in cultivating rice in Indonesia is to prepare and cultivate the planting area first, making sure the paddy fields are ready for planting.
First of all, clear your fields of weeds and weeds, as well as litter around the fields. Plow 2-3 times and spray dolomite to reduce acid and fertilizer levels as an initial fertilizer.
When you are ready, flood the water to a height of 3 to 4 inches and let it sit for 2 weeks before planting.
Rice seed nursery
Before sowing the rice seeds until they are ready to be planted and also see How to Choose Shallot Seeds in the Market, make sure you have prepared the sowing medium correctly and here are the steps for sow the rice seeds:
- Prepare special soil as a sowing medium, cultivate the soil in the sowing medium by digging the soil to a depth of 30cm 2-3 times
- After that, fertilize the seedling medium with urea and TSP fertilizer in a ratio of 1: 1.
- Prepare the rice seeds and soak them in water for 2 days to test the quality of the seeds. You can only use submerged rice seeds and discard the floating seeds as they are not suitable for planting.
- After 2 days of soaking, first dry the rice seeds by airing them and storing them for a while in an open container.
- To do the sowing, it is best in the morning to evenly distribute the rice seeds in the middle of the seedlings, then do the treatment until the seeds become seedlings ready for planting with a height of 5cm to 7cm.
Planting rice seeds
The next step in rice cultivation in Indonesia is to plant seeds in the fields as follows:
- Regarding the characteristics of ready-to-plant rice seeds, in addition to being seen from their height, it is also necessary to pay attention to the age of the seeds, the seeds ready to plant are 12 to 14 days after sowing. period.
- Slowly separate the rice seeds from the sowing medium so that the roots are not damaged, do not forget to make a planting hole with a size of about 26cm x 26cm first.
- For a planting hole, you can plant 2 rice seeds at a time by inserting the rice roots to form the letter L
- The depth of the planting hole that you need to pay attention to is about 1cm-5cm